Everyone should start carrying $2 bills!
I’m STILL laughing!!
I think we need to quit saving our $2 bills and bring them out in public.
The younger generation doesn’t even know they exist!
On my way home from work, I stopped at Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat.
I have a $50 bill and a $2 bill. I figure with the $2 bill, I can get something to eat and not have to worry about irritating anyone for trying to break a $50 bill.
Me: ‘Hi, I’d like one seven-layer burrito please, to go.’ Server: ‘That’ll be $1.04. Eat in?’
Me: ‘No, it’s to go.’ At this point, I open my billfold and hand him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny.
Server: ‘Uh, hang on a sec, I’ll be right back.’ He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within my earshot.
The following conversation occurs between the two of them:
Server: ‘Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?’
Manager: ‘No. A what?’
Server: ‘A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me…’
Manager: ‘Ask for something else. There’s no such thing as a $2 bill.’
Server: ‘Yeah, thought so.’
He comes back to me and says, ‘We don’t take these.
Do you have anything else?’
Me: ‘Just this fifty. You don’t take $2 bills? Why?
Server: ‘I don’t know.’
Me: ‘See here where it says legal tender?’
Me: ‘So, why won’t you take it?’
Server: ‘Well, hang on a sec.’
He goes back to his manager, who has been watching me like I’m a shoplifter, and says to him, ‘He says I have to take it.’
Manager: ‘Doesn’t he have anything else?’
Server: ‘Yeah, a fifty. I’ll get it and you can open the safe and get change.
Manager: ‘I’m not opening the safe with him in here.’
Server: ‘What should I do?’
Manager: ‘Tell him to come back later when he has real money.’
Server: ‘I can’t tell him that! You tell him.’
Manager: ‘Just tell him.’
Server: ‘No way! This is weird. I’m going in back.
The manager approaches me and says, ‘I’m sorry, but we don’t take big bills this time of night.’
Me: ‘It’s only seven o’clock! Well then, here’s a two dollar bill.’
Manager: ‘We don’t take those, either.’
Me: ‘Why not?’
Manager: ‘I think you know why.’
Me: ‘No really, tell me why.’
Manager ‘Please leave before I call mall security.’
Me: ‘Excuse me?’
Manager: ‘Please leave before I call mall security.’
Me: ‘What on earth for?’
Manager: ‘Please, sir..’
Me: ‘Uh, go ahead, call them.’
Manager: ‘Would you please just leave?’
Manager: ‘Fine — have it your way then.’
Me: ‘Hey, that’s Burger King, isn’t it?’
At this point, he backs away from me and calls mall security on the phone around the corner. I have two people staring at me from the dining area, and I begin laughing out loud, just for effect.
A few minutes later this 45-year-oldish guy comes in.
Guard: ‘Yeah, Mike, what’s up?’
Manager (whispering): ‘This guy is trying to give me some (pause) funny money.’
Guard: ‘No kidding! What?’
Manager: ‘Get this. A two dollar bill.’
Guard (incredulous): ‘Why would a guy fake a two dollar bill?’
Manager: ‘I don’t know. He’s kinda weird. He says the only other thing he has is a fifty.’
Guard: ‘Oh, so the fifty’s fake!’
Manager: ‘No, the two dollar bill is.’
Guard: ‘Why would he fake a two dollar bill?’
Manager : ‘I don’t know! Can you talk to him, and get him out of here?’
Security Guard walks over to me and……
Guard: ‘Mike here tells me you have some fake bills you’re trying to use.’
Me: ‘Uh, no.’
Guard: ‘Lemme see ‘em.’
Guard: ‘Do you want me to get the cops in here?’
At this point I’m ready to say, ‘Sure, please!’ but I want to eat, so I say, ‘I’m just trying to buy a burrito and pay for it with this two dollar bill. I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I’m taking a swing at him. He takes the bill turns it over a few times in his hands, and he says,
Guard: ‘Hey, Mike, what’s wrong with this bill?’
Manager: ‘It’s fake.’
Guard: ‘It doesn’t look fake to me.’
Manager: ‘But it’s a two dollar bill.’
Guard: ‘Yeah? ‘
Manager: ‘Well, there’s no such thing, is there?’
The security guard and I both look at him like he’s an idiot and it dawns on the guy that he has no clue and is an idiot. So, it turns out that my burrito was free, and he threw in a small drink and some of those cinnamon thingies, too.
Made me want to get a whole stack of two dollar bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff.
i am ashamed at the u.s. HOW THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU NOT KNOW A TWO DOLLAR BILL JUST FOR FUCKS SAKE WHAT KIND OF MORON DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THEM!?!
I think I still have three of these and a couple of 1 dollar coins
let’s do this shit
DUDE. I have a bundle of these. My grandparents send me some every year for my birthday. I’mma use them now.
- mkayhumminq likes this
- senojon reblogged this from dammitdiana
- subjectaseven likes this
- greeniexiii likes this
- dammitdiana reblogged this from imgoingtocrackeryouanewone
- well-thats-enough-internet reblogged this from cakeba
- never-kiss2morrow-goodbye reblogged this from missouri-cowgirl
- tannerontumbla reblogged this from partofthedrinkingclass
- enjoysin reblogged this from smaniel34
- pussysmelllikecoolranchdoritoz reblogged this from smaniel34
- smaniel34 reblogged this from realityexistsinmymind
- smaniel34 likes this
- realityexistsinmymind reblogged this from proudtobeapeetaphile
- sabaism-eumoirous reblogged this from our-hindsight-is20-20
- wittytaglinehere reblogged this from drac0-malf0y
- slippperybob reblogged this from partofthedrinkingclass
- xoxo-jaim likes this
- kid-next-door reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- cowboybootsandaisydukes reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- leximeadors reblogged this from dixieland--delight
- waitingforanabsolution reblogged this from dixieland--delight
- dixieland--delight reblogged this from partofthedrinkingclass
- dance-like-noones-watchingg likes this
- dance-like-noones-watchingg reblogged this from misskkelseyjewell
- drac0-malf0y reblogged this from saraplaintall
- icantgoonlivinglikethis reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- i-dream-in-pink-glitter reblogged this from misskkelseyjewell
- i-dream-in-pink-glitter likes this
- misskkelseyjewell reblogged this from partofthedrinkingclass
- partofthedrinkingclass reblogged this from duecethirrttyyyone
- breespreein reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- duecethirrttyyyone reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- our-hindsight-is20-20 reblogged this from missouri-cowgirl
- saraplaintall reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- northern-sweetheart reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- jenna815moore reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- missouri-cowgirl reblogged this from countrygirlsdoitright
- countrygirlsdoitright reblogged this from redneckraised
- syouko reblogged this from bnkn62
- ceceliailoretta reblogged this from a-thought-is-a-spark
- sunshineandfangirling reblogged this from fuck-life-im-becoming-a-nudist
- mikeandlucybros4ever reblogged this from randompedestrian14
- mikeandlucybros4ever likes this
- starlighttheunicorn likes this
- a-thought-is-a-spark reblogged this from mahimahi713
- randompedestrian14 reblogged this from lecafemusain
- aintnosocrates reblogged this from mfreedomstuff
- 0nce-upon-a-niall reblogged this from theconsultingredbeard
- thecursednocturne reblogged this from aphnitaly
- sevenlondonelements reblogged this from wayward-sons-and-fallen-angels